All of my work is hosted on LingBuzz. If the LingBuzz server is down, just email me.
- Brian Buccola and Andreas Haida. Forthcoming. Obligatory irrelevance and the computation of ignorance inferences. Journal of Semantics. (For the 2017 version that treats modified numerals, click here.)
- Emmanuel Chemla, Isabelle Dautriche, Brian Buccola, and Joël Fagot. 2019. Constraints on the lexicons of human languages have cognitive roots present in baboons (Papio papio). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. (preprint)
- Emmanuel Chemla, Brian Buccola, and Isabelle Dautriche. 2019. Connecting content and logical words. Journal of Semantics. (preprint)
- Brian Buccola, Isabelle Dautriche, and Emmanuel Chemla. 2018. Competition and symmetry in an artificial word learning task. Frontiers in Psychology 9(2176).
- Brian Buccola. 2018. A restriction on the distribution of exclusive only. Snippets 33. 3–4.
- Brian Buccola and Benjamin Spector. 2016. Modified numerals and maximality. Linguistics and Philosophy 39(3). 151–199. (preprint)
- Bernhard Schwarz, Brian Buccola, and Michael Hamilton. 2012. Two types of class B numeral modifiers: A reply to Nouwen 2010. Semantics and Pragmatics 5(1). 1–25.
- Amir Anvari, Brian Buccola, and Andreas Haida. In prep. Alternative Questions in Farsi. (slides from a previous workshop)
- Brian Buccola and Luka Crnič. 2019. NPIs, intervention, and collectivity. Submitted.
- Brian Buccola, Manuel Križ, and Emmanuel Chemla. 2018. Conceptual alternatives: Competition in language and beyond. Under review.
- Brian Buccola and Emmanuel Chemla. 2018. Two notes on the disjunct alternatives of disjunction. In revision.
- Brian Buccola. 2017. Bare numerals, collectivity, and genericity: A new puzzle. In revision.
- Brian Buccola and Andreas Haida. 2017. Expressing agent indifference in German. Amsterdam Colloquium 21. 165–174.
- Brian Buccola and Andreas Haida. 2017. A surface-scope analysis of authoritative readings of modified numerals. Sinn und Bedeutung 21. 233–248.
- Brian Buccola. 2016. Severing maximality from fewer than: Evidence from genericity. Sinn und Bedeutung 20. 127–144.
- Brian Buccola. 2015. Variable monotonicity and less than: When Van Benthem’s problem is not a problem. North East Linguistic Society (NELS) 45. 125–134.
- Brian Buccola. 2013. On the expressivity of Optimality Theory versus ordered rewrite rules. Formal Grammar. 142–158. (preprint)
- Brian Buccola. 2015. Maximality in the semantics of modified numerals. Montreal, Canada: McGill University PhD thesis.
- Brian Buccola. 2013. Two proofs that classic Optimality Theory is expressively weaker than ordered rewrite rules. Montreal, Canada: McGill University second evaluation paper. (Mostly superseded by Buccola 2013, Formal Grammar; see above.)
- Brian Buccola. 2012. Some remarks on inference patterns involving epistemic modality. Montreal, Canada: McGill University first evaluation paper.